Department of Veterans Affairs


To be eligible for veterans benefits the veteran must have as an educational objective such as a certificate of achievement. The Veterans Administration will not pay benefits for courses that do not fit in a veteran's selected program. The following students may be eligible for veteran's educational benefits: veterans who were separated from active duty with the armed forces within the past 10 years who participated in the following programs: Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty Educational Assistance program (Chapter 30). Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1606). VEAP (Chapter 32) - Contributory VEAP or Section 903 - Services beginning on or after January 1, 1977 through June 30, 1985. Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)- Veterans who served in the Armed Forces are eligible for vocational rehabilitation if they suffered a service-connected disability while on active service.

A veteran who plans to enter Zoom Graphics School of Design under Chapter 31 is required to have the Veterans Administration approve his/her occupational choice prior to enrollment. Spouses and/or children may be eligible for the Dependent's Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35). A student must be the child or spouse of a veteran who is deceased or who has a service-connected disability rated at 100 percent. Dependents of veterans with disabilities (spouses and/or children) may be eligible to receive tuition-free assistance at any California post-secondary educational institution. Additional information may be obtained by calling Zoom Graphics School of Design at (661) 324-5739.

If you are a veteran who is elgible for vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits contact a rehabilitation counselor at Bakersfield VA Outpatient Clinic 1801 Westwind Drive Bakersfield, CA 93301-3028 Phone: 661-632-1800, FAX: 661-632-1831.